We can’t wait for you to join us on Saturday, 8-18-18 at the 2018 Wild and Scenic Film Festival for what will be a magical evening of films, food and fun! The gates open at 4:30 PM for sponsors/supporters and at 5:00 PM for the general public. The show will run until 9:30 – 10 PM.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your tickets: If you already have tickets, either pull them up on your mobile phone or print them at home. If you haven't purchased yours yet, we will have tickets for sale at the entrance.
- A blanket or low-backed chair: The Wild and Scenic takes place on the beautiful campus of the Ventura County Credit Union, 2575 Vista Del Mar, Ventura. Attendees will spread out on a large lawn and sit back and relax while enjoying a line-up of fabulous award-winning short films. Make sure your chair is the low-to-the-ground beach chair variety so you don’t block anyone’s view.
- Your appetite and thirst: We are excited to have four breweries, two wineries plus six food trucks on hand with delicious food and drink. Please come hungry and thirsty and partake in our many culinary choices. IF you have special dietary needs, a small soft-sided cooler with food is allowed.
- A jacket: Our venue sits high on a bluff above midtown. On a clear day you can see the ocean. On a windy or foggy day, it can get a bit cool. Bring layers to keep yourself warm.
- A reusable cup: The Wild and Scenic is a low waste event. We want to create the least amount of trash possible so ask everyone to bring their own reusable plastic or metal cup (no glass please). We will also have cups available for purchase.
- A full car: To ensure everyone has a parking spot, please carpool to the event. Look for the directional signs pointing to the festival venue when turning off Seaward Ave. onto Alessandro Dr.
- Your bicycle: Ditch the car and ride your bike to the festival! Our friends from the Bike Ventura will host a bike valet service (your bike will be well cared for while you watch the films) and anyone who rides to the festival gets a free raffle ticket!
- Your dancing shoes: Two live bands –Bill Jones & J. Peter Boles and Mid Life Crisis - will rock the house before the films begin. As the sun sets, plan to boogie on the lawn.
- Your wallet: We will have a variety of items for sale including a limited supply of vintage Ventura Hillsides Music Festival chairs plus VLT hats and t-shirts. On top of that, you won’t want to miss out on VLT’s legendary raffle with high-end items like a wetsuit, original artwork, outdoor adventures and more! We will gladly accept credit/debit cards throughout the festival.
- Your friends and family: Please invite others to join in the fun! Tickets are still available at https://www.venturalandtrust.org/2018_wild_and_scenic_tickets or at Patagonia’s Great Pacific Iron Works Store, 235 W Santa Clara St, Ventura. We will also have tickets for sale at the entrance on the day of the festival.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Glass containers & coolers
- Alcohol: ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL is allowed on the festival grounds.
- Your dog: We all love our furry friends but it is not suitable to bring Fido to the festival.
- Bad vibes: One of the best part of the Wild and Scenic is the sense of camaraderie and community. Prepare to be surrounded by friendship and fellowship!