Grants Officer Job Description
Ventura Land Trust (VLT) is a local, private, non-profit land trust working to protect the land, water, wildlife, and scenic beauty of the Ventura region for current and future generations. The organization strives to create a fun, inspiring and team-oriented work environment with flexible work hours.
The Grants Officer position is responsible for managing all grant applications, reports and administration for Ventura Land Trust. Duties include executing grant-based fundraising which include researching funders, organizing and structuring deliverables from colleagues and partners, drafting applications, and submitting grant applications. In addition, the position is responsible for administration, updates and reports for awarded grants. The Development Director reports to the Development Director and works collaboratively with fellow VLT staff, board members, committee members and volunteers in all development endeavors.
- Leads and coordinates writing, structuring and submitting grant proposals.
- Develops outlines, timelines, staffing, budgets, and grants according to application guidelines.
- Researches new funding opportunities available through local, state, and federal government agencies, as well as through private and corporate foundations.
- Disseminates information on funding opportunities, program alignment and compliance requirements
- Supports program team and facilitates organizational deliverables, including grant approval process and post-award compliance to ensure timelines are met
- Monitors post-award grant compliance and meets with funder representatives as necessary
- Works with Accounting Manager to monitor budgets, invoices, payables and receivables as needed by funding institutions
- Serves as liaison to funding institutions, community partners, and government agencies in support of Development Director’s donor stewardship efforts
- Implements and maintains protocols for collecting data and outcomes from program teams; confirms accuracy and timelines
- Integrates and organizes grant applications and award deliverables into project management and database software
- Maintains necessary records, files, reports, databases, and resource materials pertinent to Grants Officer activities.
- Supports other development related writing needs including donor appeals and mailings
- Assists with and attends development events and meetings as needed
- Develops training materials and standard operating procedures. Maintains electronic manuals for responsibilities and workflows
- Performs other related duties as requested
- The successful candidate will embrace VLT’s mission
- A minimum of 5 years of development experience and 3 years of grant writing/admin experience
- Strong grant writing and reporting experience for operational funding and special project funding
- Experience in grant/foundation research and prospect management
- Experience in budget planning and analysis
- Be self motivated and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising connections
- Highly organized in managing multiple projects and timelines
- Proficient in using donor management databases and project management software; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual compensation range $65,000-75,000 commensurate with experience and other qualifications
- The Grants Officer qualifies as a full-time salaried/exempt employee
- Eligible for paid holidays, vacation, sick time, bereavement leave, and jury duty
- Hybrid work environment with remote opportunity
- Flexible hours
- Medical coverage
- Employee-contributed 401(k) retirement savings program
- Dog-friendly office
The application deadline for this position is April 2, 2023. To be considered for this position, please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Grants Officer" in the subject line.
To view a PDF of the job description, please follow the link here.