1st Annual Ventura Land Trust Juried Nature Photography Contest and Exhibit
|Photograph by Dan Holmes|
Ventura Land Trust wants to see your wildlife and nature photos! This is an open call to all photographers, amateur and professional, to submit 3 original digital images to be considered for inclusion in the Ventura Land Trust 2019 Nature Photography Contest and Exhibit.
Ventura Land Trust, a nonprofit organization that advocates for the preservation of water, wildlife and wild places, is sponsoring our first juried wildlife and natural landscape photography contest and exhibit. This event encourages people to explore with a camera the natural world around them, whether that’s their own backyard, a local stream or a national park. All submitted photos must be of wildlife, landscapes or scenic beauty.
Our panel of three esteemed judges will choose the winning photographs to be included in the Nature Photography Exhibit and Sale that will be hung on the walls of Rincon Brewery, 4100 Telegraph Rd. in Ventura from September - November, 2019.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 13, 2019
Entry Fee: $20 for all professional and non-professional photographers. Although not required, participating photographers are encouraged to donate 20% of any sale proceeds to support the Ventura Land Trust. All entrants must complete and return an application and pay a $20 entry fee in order to submit up to 3 photographs for consideration. The judges will begin selecting the winning and finalist photographs immediately after the submission deadline of July 13, 2019.
Prizes: The top three winning photographs will win prizes comprised of bragging rights, gift certificates to local retailers and VLT merchandise.
Internet Submission Guidelines: JPG Format, 2800 pixels on the long side, 300 dpi, Maximum size 4mb.
Please name your files as follows: Your Name_Title.jpg Examples: John Doe_Yellow Poppies.jpg or Jane Doe_OceanWaves.jpg
Print Submission Guidelines for selected Photographs:
- You may enter up to three photographs for jurying – digital submission guidelines are listed above.
- There will be no refunds of fees for pieces that do not get accepted into the show.
- All artwork must be available for sale to the public.
- Each artist will determine the pricing for their own work.
- Signing your printed work is acceptable (and preferred!).
- Because space is limited, pieces must be no larger than 432 square inches in any combination of dimensions, including frame (equal to an 18 x 24 framed piece or a 36 x 12). Multiply the width by the height to arrive at total square inches. Please note that the dimensions have changed from the first version of the application.
- All pieces must be wired for hanging.
- Artwork delivery – Week August 18-25th, Ventura Land Trust Office, 3451 Foothill Rd., Ste. 201, Ventura from 12 - 3:00 pm
- Unsold Artwork Pickup – December 1-6th, Ventura Land Trust Office, 3451 Foothill Rd., Ste. 201, from 12 - 3 pm
- Purchasers will be able to take ownership at time of sale. Rincon Brewery will accept cash or Venmo payments for any sales, and hold the proceeds for the artist.
HOW TO ENTER CONTEST
Complete application and return it via mail or email with $20 entry fee to:
SNAIL MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Ventura Land Trust
Attn: Adrienne Stephens
P.O. Box 1284
Ventura, CA 93002
SCAN AND EMAIL COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Adrienne Stephens: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE TO SUBMIT PHOTOS
Each entrant may submit up to 3 jpg digital photos for consideration (see application for photo specs) to:
Dan Holmes: email@example.com
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top three submissions. Both winners and finalists will be displayed on the contest website along with the photographer's name and city/state/country.
Exhibit: All winning and finalist photographs to be exhibited on the walls of Rincon Brewery, 4100 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003, from September 5 - November 30, 2019.
Copyright Policy: The copyright of submitted images remains with the photographer. By signing the entry form, the photographer agrees to allow Ventura Land Trust to publish the image on websites, social media and printed materials and to use the image in promotions for this and future contests without compensation.
Image Usage Rights: Participation in the contest requires the contestant to give Ventura Land Trust permission to use the photographs without compensation on the Contest Website as well as on other VLT websites and in news releases which may appear in print or on third party websites for the purpose of publicizing the contest. VLT will always include the photographer’s name when using a photograph for any purpose.
Publicity: The winning photographs will be posted on the Ventura Land Trust website as well as hung on the walls of Rincon Brewery in Ventura. Winners will be named in a news release that will be widely distributed to local media.