Join the VLT Stew Crew!
As part of our mission, VLT maintains and restores our preserves. As a Stew Crew Volunteer, you will help with conservation and construction projects. Projects may include invasive species removal, fence construction/repair, dam demolition, and/or other stewardship projects.
This role is physically demanding. Responsibilities and Duties may include:
- Removing invasive plant species
- Removing trash
- Building fencing
- Carrying heavy loads
- Safely digging with shovels
• Able to work outdoors on uneven surfaces and be on your feet all day.
• Able to lift as much as 30 lbs.
• 18 years of age or attending with a legal guardian.
• Good communicator, team player, and able to accept and give clear direction.
Training: Training provided onsite.
Commitment: As needed according to the project. Projects usually take place during weekdays.
Staff Contact: Conservation Specialist, Katie Daniels, [email protected]
Location: Ventura County
(transportation not offered; public transportation may be available)
Compensation: This role is purely voluntary.
Ventura, CA 93001
Google map and directions